Friday 27 August 2010

Weekend on Mars

Post title courtesy of The Cramps.

It's a busy weekend this weekend - going to see Micky Flanagan at the Fringe Festival, party Saturday night, going to a football match on Sunday, then through to the Book Festival to meet the lovely Bookwitch, followed by a party with Super Special Agent Allan Guthrie and some of his other clients. That's a roundabout way of saying that I might not be back in time for the usual Sunday post so will have to catch up on Monday.

Ian Rankin on hangovers, Rennies and the male menopause. And, talking of Ian Rankin, here's a very thoughtful and interesting post from Harriet Smart talking about Ian Rankin on Late Review and his book THE NAMING OF THE DEAD.

Several reports from the Edinburgh Book Festival. There are so many great reports so I'm trying to give a flavour of as many as I can.

Val McDermid in New Zealand.

The Stirling Observer talks to Louise Welsh.

A review of Stuart MacBride's BLIND EYE.

Kate Atkinson backs RNIB campaign to make literature more accessible to people with sight loss. And STARTED EARLY, TOOK MY DOG enters the charts.

And Ian Rankin, Alexander McCall Smith and Irvine Welsh back a campaign to improve libraries in jails and donate books (which would otherwise be pulped) to Scottish prisons. What a bloody brilliant idea.

Have a lovely weekend all.

2 comments:

  1. Donna,

    Just to let you know, thanks to the Indie Bookstore link on you blog, I found the Toadstool Bookstore in Milford, NH, who are ordering OLD DOGS for me. Can't wait to get it.

    In another twist of fate, while I was there, I spoke to the Manager and they are also going to let me place my novel in the store and let me do an author event. I'll be sure to give all of my crime blog friends a proper nod when it happens. It is a really cool store as well, glad I found it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sean - that's brilliant news about the event! And I hope OLD DOGS lives up to expectations.

    ReplyDelete