Wednesday 23 March 2011

Terrorists in pink cowboy hats

On Thursday March 31st catch Alexander McCall Smith at the Ridgewood Library. I have absolutely no idea where Ridgewood is, by the way. And here's an article on him following a recent surprise visit to Cape Town (that, I have no problem with, geographically). Closer to home, you can see Kate Atkinson and Lin Anderson at the Scarborough Literature Festival from April 14th to 17th.

The West Australian interviews Stuart MacBride.

Lots of reviews today - first of all, the Washington Post reviews Kate Atkinson's STARTED EARLY, TOOK MY DOG, and the New York Journal of Books with a great review of Russel McLean's THE LOST SISTER. Russel is also reviewed in The Kansas City Star, along with Ian Rankin's THE COMPLAINTS. Spinetingler reviews Peter May's VIRTUALLY DEAD, the Chronicle Herald reviews Graham Moore's THE SHERLOCKIAN, 612 ABC enjoyed Craig Russell's THE LONG GLASGOW KISS and The Star Online looks at Val McDermid's TRICK OF THE DARK. And The BookNut says some very kind things about OLD DOGS, while agreeing with my mum about the swearing. Whoops. Sorry, Andy.

Alan Cumming is hoping to star in the film adaptation of Irvine Welsh's FILTH.

And finally, I'm just wondering whether I can borrow the cowboy hat.

3 comments:

  1. You're forgiven Donna! :)

    In your defense, Raymie and Duncan would talk like that in real life so I guess you were just making it realistic! :) I just wouldn't spend any time with them if they were real! :) It is still a great book and we loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can give you a cowboy hat. But not in pink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andy - see, that's what I tell my mum all the time and all she says is "Eee, I didn't know you swore, our Donna." :o)

    Dad - well, if it would stop YOU wearing it...

    ReplyDelete