Wednesday 7 April 2010

Charmers, Criminals and Naked Burglars

The charming Tony Black talks to the equally charming Paul Brazill.

Stuart MacBride spills the beans at Aberdeen's Lemon Tree Lounge on May 4th. And he gets the thumbs up from bloggers as Luke's Book Review enjoys FLESH HOUSE, as does Read By Karin.

Clea Simon at the Boston Globe reviews Denise Mina's STILL MIDNIGHT.

A new documentary and book about crime writer Anne Perry.

The always excellent Alistair Braidwood on Irvine Welsh's TRAINSPOTTING over at Dear Scotland. Next month, he looks a Louise Welsh's THE CUTTING ROOM. I very much look forward to that.

Talking of Louise Welsh, Three Monkeys Online is quietly impressed by NAMING THE BONES.

Whisky tasting with Iain Banks.

For the lovely Helen here's my probable list of reads for April (some of which may leak over into May):

Tim Weaver - CHASING THE DEAD (because I'm leading a book discussion on it).
Mark Timlin - GUNS OF BRIXTON (because it's out from maXcrime this month and I have really enjoyed the previous Timlins I've read).
And then, in preparation for my Crimefest panel in May - Zoe Sharp's KILLER INSTINCT (a re-read of the first in the series) and THIRD STRIKE (the most recent), Steve Mosby's STILL BLEEDING (a re-read of one of my favourite books of last year), Helen Fitzgerald's MY LAST CONFESSION and THE DEVIL'S STAIRCASE (I know both of those will be a treat), and Chris Ewan's THE GOOD THIEF'S GUIDE TO LAS VEGAS (due out later this month and I can't wait).

And, finally, my upstairs neighbour has done this, but, thankfully, always fully clothed.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks! My Last Confession is already in my 'to read' pile so I'll start with that.

    Stuart MacBride is also going to be talking about forensics at the Edinburgh Science Festival next Tuesday (13th April). Maybe some of your blog readers might be interested?

    http://www.sciencefestival.co.uk/Events/Big-Ideas/Murder-Mystery-and-Microscopes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Helen! And I look forward to hearing your comments on the Helen Fitzgerald.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the hat tip Donna but I'm about as charming as a photocopier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paul, we have an absolutely charming photocopier at work :o)

    ReplyDelete