Monday 1 June 2009

Elementary, My Dear Downey

A short post today to make up for the humungous outpouring of nonsense that was yesterday's offering.

Two completely different sounding Sherlock Holmes films are currently in production. First of all the Guy Ritchie directed film starring Robert Downey Jr as Holmes and Jude Law as Watson - with nary a deerstalker in sight. Here's the trailer. The second stars Sacha Baron Cohen as Holmes and Will Ferrell as Watson. Hmmmmmm, I think I know which one I will prefer.

Here's an article on Aberdeen author Bill Kirkton. I've never read any of his books and I need to rectify that.

A couple of nice reviews for Ray Banks, just in time for his birthday on June 3rd. June must be a bumper month for Scottish crime fiction authors because it's Val McDermid's birthday on June 4th And Al 'Sunshine' Guthrie's on June 5th. Happy birthday all - I wish you great reviews, huge advances, and lots of chocolate.

And finally, Kate Atkinson says "not being published would be great."

2 comments:

  1. Don't think you can get away with short to make up for long. Long is lovely.

    And guess whose turn it is on the 6th, although neither a criminal nor Scottish?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry - I think I am physically incapable of too many short posts :o) And someone e-mailed me to ask about being mugged, so I might do that one and it's also rather long :o) And happy birthday for 6th June! Popular month, apparently - even among non criminals :o)

    ReplyDelete