Thursday 24 February 2011

Berlin Calling

I've been investigating things to see and places to visit for our forthcoming trip to Berlin - so far my list includes an abandoned amusement park, some mechanical monsters, a cinema in a squat, and a sex museum. Plus I'm wondering how Ewan feels about a tank driving experience. For me, not him, of course.

I've always said that Ian Rankin is one of the most generous people in crime fiction and this just proves it.

A few interviews. First of all ten minutes with Irvine Welsh, a video interview with William McIlvanney, an excellent interview with Tony Black over at Crimeculture, and Craig Robertson talks about RANDOM.

And, talking of Tony Black, he and the equally lovely Russel McLean will be at Cowdenbeath Library on March 17th.

Here's Doug Johnstone in the Scottish Review of Books. And he's having a launch party for SMOKEHEADS (which I've just received - woohoo!) on Thursday 3rd March in Edinburgh. And here's the unofficial trailer. And he's all over the place, the floozy. I'm hoping to make the Aye Write event on the 8th.

Milo of Milo's Rambles reviews Charles Cumming's THE TRINITY SIX.

Alexander McCall Smith's opera - The Okavango Macbeth - has its first UK airing in Edinburgh on 20th and 21st April.

Have a lovely weekend, dear Reader. More on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment