Tuesday 12 July 2011

I'll Take The High Road...

Hello, dear Reader.

This post is interspersed with photos from my 'research' trip up the west coast of Scotland yesterday. As you can see from the photos, it's a hard life, doing research. The photos are taken from a train window, so they're not perfect, I'm afraid.

I did not take a photo of the fish and chips I had in Mallaig, but, take it from me - they were delicious.

On the train, I also wrote the first ten pages of a new screenplay (which has a scene set in Mallaig, and on the ferry over to the Isle of Skye - hence the trip) , finished two short stories, and scalded myself with ScotRail tea.


Now on to the Scottish crime fiction news.

Over at Bastardized Version, I tell that wuss John Hornor how badass I am. Oh yes I am. Just don't tell my Mum.

More on the literature project for Darfur refugees that Alexander McCall Smith is involved in. I Prefer Reading reviews A CONSPIRACY OF FRIENDS, and a review of THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING SEVEN.

Another one of the lovely origami Ian Rankins. Well, obviously not literally.

A brilliant interview by Anthony Neil Smith with Allan Guthrie over at Herman's Greasy Spoon.

A review of Kate Atkinson's STARTED EARLY, TOOK MY DOG. And Kate Atkinson will be speaking at Fountains Abbey on Friday 15th July.

Manic Pop Thrills reviews Chris Brookmyre's WHERE THE BODIES ARE BURIED.

Finally, I can't remember, did I already mention that Philip Kerr will be joining Lee Child and Jeffery Deaver at next year's CrimeFest? Can't wait. But, since I have to, I'm off to Harrogate next week for the Harrogate Crime Festival.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely 'photos, Donna! I'm jealous! But thanks for sharing them :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news about Philip Kerr attending Crime Fest, he will shake things up. Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!

    And could you please hurry up finishing that screenplay? I need to read a drama for a challenge this month ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Margot - you're welcome!

    Norm - I'm looking forward to seeing him.

    Dorte - you might have a long wait :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wuss? It's a good thing you weren't talking about me but that John HornEr guy. He is a total mamby pamby wuss.

    But I loved your interview. And thanks for doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. John - whoops! Sorry :o) Thank YOU.

    ReplyDelete