Monday 10 August 2009

Hey Ho, Let's Go...

In a previous post I mentioned Shetland's Wordplay Book Festival. The full line-up and schedule is now available. Two events from Messrs Allan Guthrie and Stuart MacBride (and no, I'm not talking about 'The Gruffalo' and 'The Grumpy Sailor').

And more news of the Off The Page festival.

Denise Mina on how real events inspire her.

A review of Christopher Brookmyre's new book PANDAEMONIUM and Craig Russell's THE VALKYRIE SONG

An Edinburgh Festival production of Irvine Welsh's TRAINSPOTTING.

And finally, I'm very chuffed to hear that Busted Flush Press will be bringing out a sequel to DAMN NEAR DEAD. I loved being part of the first one, but, more importantly, all the stories were excellent and the anthology was obviously a labour of love and great fun. Busted Flush do great anthologies and this new one will be no exception, with Bill Crider at the helm. I'm looking forward to finding out who the contributors are and reading the stories.

I enjoy themed anthologies a lot - I'm still hoping for that Ramones themed one. So, what about you? Any themed anthologies you'd like to see?


2 comments:

  1. If you go to the Shetlands, Donna and you go into the public loos (you're wondering where this is going, aren't you?) you'll see a couple of my poems on the inside of the toilet doors. Bard in the Bog, dontcha know?

    ReplyDelete